Saturday, September 18, 2010

Powerline Rates Christine O'Donnell's Political Career as "R.I.P."

John Hinderaker of Powerline says Christine O'Donnell's political career is dead on arrival following revelations that she "once dabbled in witchcraft."  The revelation was made by television talk show host Bill Maher.  Powerline writes:
Bill Maher announced that he has previously-unseen clips of O'Donnell from the late 1990s when she appeared several times on his show. In one clip, she says that she once "dabbled into witchcraft."
Maher showed a video clip of O'Donnell when she appeared on his show in the late 1990's, where she said this:
I dabbled into witchcraft -- I never joined a coven. But I did, I did. ... I dabbled into witchcraft. I hung around people who were doing these things. I'm not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do....

One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's little blood there and stuff like that. ... We went to a movie and then had a midnight picnic on a satanic altar.
It appears to me that O'Donnell was speaking in a light-hearted way, trying to be entertaining and funny while on Maher's comedy show.  However, what one might say as an entertainer is considerably different from what they might say as a candidate.

Nevertheless, her comments will be used against her with great effect, complete with Maher's video used in attack ads.

Personally, I'd vote for a high-flying, cackling witch on a broomstick, complete with black cat, before I would vote for a "bearded Marxist," as O'Donnell's opponent has described himself.

It is obvious that if O'Donnell is to have a chance at winning this election, she will need to go negative early on, pounding Coons with his leftist, high taxes, job-destroying record.
...

2 comments:

The Vegas Art Guy said...

Since when is telling the truth about your opponent's record going negative?

Stogie said...

It's just an expression, Vegas. I mean it as in "attack, attack, attack." This is no time for Ms. Nice Gal.