Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lovin' the Tax Season

Ah, one month to go and this tax season will be over.  I am enjoying it though, so I am in no hurry to see it end.  After sitting on my duff for three years with no work, I am busy, focused, involved.  My accounting and tax skills have never been sharper.  Today a man brought in his college student son to have his tax return prepared, an extra easy one.  While in conversation with the dad about his son's finances, I immediately perceived a possible education credit that the father could take, since his son was still his dependent; in 5 minutes of checking I found that the father, who had already filed his tax return, had an additional $1,400 refund coming for 2011.  I will prepare an amended return for him tomorrow.  Found money, baby.  I asked him, "Aren't you glad you came in today?"

No comments: