Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Political Show Trial for George Zimmerman?

George Zimmerman has been arrested and will stand trial for second degree murder for killing Trayvon Martin in self-defense.  I cannot help but believe that his arrest and the charges against him are politically motivated.

The leftist/liberal forces that control this society will make an example of Zimmerman.  He will be given a show trial and, if possible, a phony conviction.  His life will be sacrificed so Democrats can hang on to a key constituency.

When  civil war finally comes to these United States, for me it will feel like relief.  Then we can all stop pretending this thin veneer of civilization is anything but an illusion.

Update:  Thanks to Lawrence Auster at View From the Right for linking and commenting on this post.

3 comments:

LibertyAtStake said...

I'm willing to let the Electoral College weigh in before declaring civil war. Grab a clueless independent by the collar and shake them into awareness each and every day between now and election day! ;)

Rick Darby said...

Stogie,

The Leftist Establishment has taken the gloves off. It will use the law to create political prisoners and try to silence its opponents through fear.

I was born into a prosperous country that had won a world war that stretched from Europe to Japan. I may spend my old age in the same country, geographically speaking, but now impoverished and as repressive as any banana republic dictatorship.

Legal secession. I'll say it again: legal, peaceful secession of any state or other political unit that wants to go its own way. And complete resistance to any Lincoln-like fanatic who would try to crush the secession.

Quixotic? Well, the alternatives seem to me even less realistic.

Stogie said...

Liberty, I agree, but I sometimes get into one of my H.L. Mencken "black flag" moods.

Rick, great to hear from you! Yes, secession is always a consideration in my mind as well. America seems on its way to something never considered by its Founders and I am not at all sure I want to go along for the ride!