Friday, August 03, 2012

My New Rickenbacker!

My son Stogie Jr. delivered my new red Rickenbacker 4003 yesterday afternoon, and a gorgeous work of art it truly is.  Paul McCartney has a 1965 version and lots of professional musicians use the Rickenbacker.  I have time off from work so plan to spend a lot of time practicing.

This bass left the factory only a month ago.  It's brand new.  Stogie Jr. bought it on E-Bay at a nice discount.  These babies aren't cheap.  The neck has these mother-of-pearl inlays (see the triangular shapes) that really help navigate the neck.  Thanks son!

Here's a video of Paul McCartney playing his blonde ("Mapleglo") finished Rickenbacker, left-handed version.  His is a 4001 model, identical except for the pearl inlays on the neck (mine is better!).


2 comments:

LD Jackson said...

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to get my hands on one of those, at least to see how it plays.

Stogie Chomper said...

Larry, it plays "like butter!" For my first practice yesterday, I played scales and those scales seemed to play themselves. Very fast neck, it feels really good.