Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

It's ten minutes until nine, and the steady stream of the witches, princesses, pirates, power rangers, ninjas, zombies, angels and ghouls, finally peters out.  At 9 PM I turn off the porch light and bring in the plastic jack-o-lantern that is illuminated with a bulb.  I can also let the dog back in from the backyard, where he was banished for his hyper intensive, noisy joy at seeing so many kids.

I very much enjoy the children who come to my door on Halloween.  Now, goodnight for another year.

2 comments:

Always On Watch said...

We didn't get a single trick-or-treater here. Not one! Such has been the case here for about 20 years. This neighborhood is on a road with no sidewalks, and now that the road is so busy, the costumed children don't come here to our street, which has very few children living on this quite little lane.


This year, for the first time, I decided not to buy any candy. Mr. AOW and I don't need to expand out waistlines by consuming all the goodies that the trick-or-treaters never came for.


I do miss the trick-or-treaters. For nearly two decades, we had hordes of them!

Stogie Chomper said...

Our neighborhood has sidewalks and is well lighted, and Hollister has a lot of young families, so we get quite a few trick-or-treaters. We have around 40 last night, very cute little children, accompanied by their parents. I love asking them about their costumes and joking with them. Halloween for us is much as it was 60 years ago, but I well understand that is not the usual case in many parts of America anymore.