Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

My goals for 2014:

1.  To make significant progress in the following areas of primary importance:
  • Photoshop - Using and creating brushes, patterns and textures, mastering the various types of layers
  • Playing Bass
  1. Increase my repertoire by learning at least one new song each week 
  2. Learn to play more jazz and jazz swing
  3. Increase my use of the standup acoustic bass, 
  4. Sing more with a band; sing while playing bass
  5. Increase frequency of solo practice -- one hour each day, minimum.
2.  Blogging -  
  • Blog more frequently, try for daily postings
  • Stop trying to be friends with certain bloggers who just don't seem to like me; provide support and links to others who do; find new friends and allies in the blogosphere 
  • Improve my blog content so that it appeals to more readers
  • Back up my blog monthly, to avoid losing content should enemies try to shut me down
3.  Other Goals -
  • To extricate myself from accounting and taxes so I can focus on more interesting pursuits
  • To refurbish and restore my 1966 Volkswagen Bug
  • To exercise more by taking a daily walk of two miles, slowly increasing the distance
  • To lose another ten pounds (twenty if possible)
  • To continue my studies of the French and Spanish languages, by reading more blogs, articles and even books in these languages.

5 comments:

Always On Watch said...

You have a 1966 Volkswagen Bug? Nostalgia! The first car that Mr. AOW and I had was a 1966 VW Bug. Unfortunately, it was stolen and burned. **sigh**

Adrienne said...

OMGosh. Makes me tired just to read this. No - really these are all worthy and very attainable goals. I don't think you'll have a bit of trouble doing these things. Happy New Year (again.)

Stogie Chomper said...

Adrienne, I am mostly retired, so have time on my hands. If I don't keep busy, I wind up taking long naps and accomplish nothing. So having projects to keep me busy is necessary.

Stogie Chomper said...

My 1966 Bug has been a large part of my life. I brought my second son home from the hospital, after his birth, in that Bug. I dated my wife in that little car, and I have owned it since 1968. It is a sentimental possession for me, and it still runs!! However, it needs new upholstery, new rubber trim, some minor body work, and new paint.

PoliticalClownParade said...

Nice list. Ambitious one to boot. Happy New Year!